Bronnie and Simon are organising drinks and packets of chips for the school
They want to estimate how many of each they will need.
They have the following information:
• There are 11 classes coming to the disco.
• Each class has about 27 students.
• Usually about 75% of the students come.
• There are 20 packets of chips in a box.
• Each person will be given 1 packet of chips and 1 cup of juice.
1. Bronnie and Simon have 1 L bottles of juice. They want to fill cups that hold
125 mL. How many cups can they pour from 1 bottle of juice?
2. They don’t want to have lots of juice and chips left over. How many bottles of
juice and boxes of chips should they buy?